Friday 11 January 2019

Things not to think about

Today is so cold that I can't even stay near the windows.  Our windows face north and it's strange to see so few people on the sidewalks.  Nonetheless, I keep being drawn to look outdoors.

One of the things I saw today when shivering at the living room window was a small fat animal which I have to conclude was a rat. 

He was scurrying, but I couldn't figure out where he came from as none of the footprints leading up to the patio looked small enough.  I stood there trying to imagine how it got there, totally refusing to think that it might not have come from anywhere.  Maybe it lives somewhere closer to our front windows.

Well, some music would help.  I'm recommending "Here If You Listen", David Crosby, Michelle Willis, Becca Stevens and Michael League, and I'm drawn to that because Michelle Willis is a friend of our family who is talented and beautiful.

5 comments:

  1. We would still visit you, despite rats.

    ..if it weren't for that darned, bitter, freezing cold :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH, I do't want my commenting to link to Google Plus. Yuck. They're taking it down in April anyway. So this comment should link back to me properly, so this is what I shall use on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't post to Google Plus. At least I don't purposely do that.

      Delete
  3. The roads were deserted on Thursday night. I drove home at 11pm, and it was eerie. A rat sighting might have been welcome!
    (okay, not really)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And yet, it is bright and appealing as I look outside. But it's a day later, and I see no rodent tracks. Maybe we'll brave the cold for awhile later. Or maybe common sense will prevail.

    ReplyDelete