Wednesday 21 September 2016

I don't always get it right

Today I was trolling the Rideau Centre, pretending that I knew exactly where I was when I found a new cosmetics store, and thought I could pass a few minutes checking it out.

It was a fun place, great music and opportunities to sample everything, and once I had my rhythm going, I really got into it.

Two of the customer service people had been catching glimpses of   the rainbow at my wrist. Sometimes people come over and ask me if I'm a lesbian---no, an ally, I say which isn't always helpful.  These two just gave me broad smiles and went back to rearranging sequin-loaded nail glaze.

I poked around for a bit and decided to try out the two lipgloss colours that appealed to me. I put Raspberry on the top lip and Purple Gaza on the lower one, placed myself in front of a small mirror and tried to decide which one was more flattering.  Couldn't make up my mind, so I went over to the two young women, made sure I had their attention, pushed out my lips and asked them "Bottom or Top"?  They just looked at me, so I tried "Top or bottom?" and finally one of them told me "Top", so I bought the Raspberry one and headed out for the rest of my errands.

I was back home before it hit me.

3 comments: