Friday 25 December 2015

Not a word about Christmas

For many years, probably since my 30s I thought I could never live in a house without a shower.


I find myself now among the few who couldn't live in a house without a bath---not necessarily a bath with jets, although I must admit I loved it when we had one---just a bath.  We now have a lovely large, comfortable bath with room to lean back and read, and if anyone ever decided to make a specially-fitted tray, a place for wine and a book.  

Today, after a few days of mysterious comings and goings of plumbers and supers, looking at 
the hidden parts of the water system, and reassuring us that with a few teensy glitches, we had ordinary water temperature and force, I ran my usual bath, loaded it up with goatsmilk bubbly stuff, got my e-reader, which is tiny and never in danger of leaving my hands, a glass of wine and some chili-flavoured chocolate.  

I prepared myself for a lovely half-hour and found instead a cold water bath with a beautiful bubbling surface that almost led me to jump in without checking.  Because we'd had a day and a half of hot, hot water in both the hot and the cold system, I decided to test it first.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that you can fix a mostly cold bath in a large tub, even if there is warmish water where the hot water usually lives.

Unhappily, yet mostly clean, 
Lorna




1 comment:

  1. Nice image. When stressed or not feeling well, a bath is very comforting, but I'm not sure when I had my last one. I hope you get hot water soon.

    ReplyDelete