Monday 14 December 2015

Have I had an interesting few months?

Yes, especially if you consider "interesting" doesn't carry judgment about happiness, sadness, worth, deserving or overwhelming.  Some of the things, in random order, that have caused these interesting few months:

  • increased dizziness leading to more lurching while walking leading to less walking and no driving. (Or at least, only driving if I am confident dizziness is nowhere near me)
  • changes in the status of members of my family:wedding, separation, student to not-student, friendly to fiercely not
  • horrible interplay with anything resembling technology which caused me: to be listed on a page of women interested in hearing from single servicemen;to try out 4 different laptops; to have to give up wearing bangles as they interact with the keyboard; to lose access to my long-time blog, which sits there, readable, but inaccessible; to pocket-dial or text every member of my family sometimes in the middle of the night and to have bought a laptop whose camera is inaccessible to everyone who's tried to use it.
  • I've realized that I'm losing my french-speaking ability and have promised myself to take up reading in french to improve my vocabulary ( an unkept promise so far)
  • Facebook is barely interested in me, and mostly the feeling is mutual
  • I've lost my taste for berries, which makes eating yoghurt not the joy it once was, although every once in a while I mix it up with an exotic jam
  • I spent some time in Kitchener with a cat, a bird, several fish and a homey house right in the middle of the best weather of the summer and discovered the beautiful parks and walkways Kitchener has been keeping a secret
  • I'm growing my hair out.
That list is sort of pathetic, but pathetic or not, it captures my last few month pretty well.

I am looking forward to new months, full of good wine and chocolate, great books, outstanding music, happy visits and a new, possibly improved blogsite.


No comments:

Post a Comment