Sunday 18 August 2019

Lesson Learned, Maybe

I'm having a day!

A weird day.

The first weird thing happened when I'd finished my breakfast of Kellogg Nourish which I'd chosen instead of brioche buns (I know!!)  when I realized that one of the two coffee cups that I use was not in the cupboard, on the counter or in the dishwasher. I started a search, then a serious look-at-every-surface, which in a condo doesn't take too long. The cup was nowhere. I decided that a touch-everything was in order and walked over to the window so as to start from the north end and move through the whole place.  On the way, I caught my foot in the little rug near the door, fell against the shelving and found the glass cup right after the cold coffee had landed on my knees. Why would I have left a cup of cold coffee there? Why had I not thought when I was searching that the shelves by the window had a "surface"?

I should have seen danger and just made a fresh coffee and read a book.  That's usually what I do every day after breakfast.

Instead, I decided to wash my hair. The same hair that I had washed last night because I'd been out in the rain (again, I know!)  We have lots of various shampoos because Dave is Dave and our grandchildren don't want to use shampoo that's especially for senior women, so when I was looking, I came across a tube of  Scintallant Orchid, a temporary colour shimmer spray. Did I have fun! And did I learn that "temporary" certainly does not mean you can wash it out right after you see that Scintillant Orchid makes you look about 10 years older. So, since I was still in the bathroom, I cut the hair at the back of my neck, tried a new foundation, slid a blue eyeliner over my lashes (I should have known better) and cut my toenails. Ouch!!

Clean but somewhat lacking in judgment, I sat at the computer, only to find that if I try to post anything on Facebook, it is posted to my daughter Emily's account. She always forgives me, but I thought I'd just use what little judgment I had left to blog instead.

I can't wait for dinner and an evening which probably includes trying to remember how to get Netflix.

4 comments:

  1. Your self-deprecating posts are always fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they though! Lorna is always fun to read. -Kate

      Delete
  2. If you manage to find your Netflix, take a look to see if Canadian Netflix has "WU Assasins."

    It's pretty good, and mostly filmed in San Francisco, and I'm under the impression that you like San Francisco. Since you can't come here for a while, maybe it's a way to have a look in Media?

    It has a share of violence that may not be your cup of tea, though. It's about a Chinese chef in our Chinatown who becomes the chosen one, to battle evil. Kind of a Chinese Superman, with lots of Kung-foo and bullets flying. But many, many great scenes of San Francisco and our Chinatown :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll ask Dave to watch it with me. I can handle just about anything with his support.

    ReplyDelete