Sunday 7 July 2019

Yes, "fanatic" is in my vocabulary

Quite a long time ago, my daughter Emily and I were on Sparks Street, or maybe it was the Byward Market. And what is wrong with me that I even thought that was a necessary part of my intro?

At the place where we were, there was a young man with a violin, which he quickly told us was a fiddle, and he threw himself into the music with such joy, toe-tapping and talent that we both forgot to breathe for about 4 minutes.  Or so it seemed. It was wonderful, and we bought the CD, went to each our home and, at least on my part, played it again and again. 

It's going to be wonderful again because at Bluesfest, which is about 200 steps from my place, Dave and I are going to be able to see Ashley MacIsaac.  Not from up close, because we can hear Bluesfest from start to finish from the patio, so we'll walk up the sidewalk that goes by the Bluesfest site. If we're lucky we'll get to actually see him on the huge screen.  Wow!

Look him up if you like to lose your breath while listening to music.
one of my favourites pictures of him


3 comments:

  1. Enjoy. He was incredible at Celtfest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! He's made some beautiful music. I love one of his CDs that I have had for years ... though I rarely listen to any of my CDs anymore since my setup seems inconvenient. Maybe thanks to your unintended nudge I'll dig it out and keep it handy. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a blast from 1996.

    ReplyDelete