Sunday 23 December 2018

So, Where has she been?

Well, I have never had so much time between blogs, not because I'm not interested in seeing if there's something fun going on in my brain, but because I've had "being 76" take a toll.  Until the weather got cold, rainy and late autumnish, I was out for a good walk every day, loving that I live in a part of town that allows me to really enjoy the experience.  I live about 20 minutes from "downtown", the same distance from "la belle province"; and if I walk west of our place, there's a near-river bicycle path which is kindly shared with walkers.

Suddenly though, that just didn't appeal. I stayed home, crocheting Christmas presents, reading and watching Star Trek for 5 hours straight on TV. I've hit higher than my agreed-on-with-myself weight and my muscles and limbs keep reminding me that this slacking about it's not good for me, as if I didn't already know.

I'm hoping that confessing to this behaviour is going to give me whatever push I need, but even as I'm writing, I'm telling myself that I can't change right now because of all the stuff that needs doing at Christmas time. What a way to set yourself up to fail.

Whoa!!! With Dave's help, I just cut my hair...just an inch or so in the back but that's a change.  I'm on my way to my former self.

4 comments:

  1. You’ll go back to walking soon. Meanwhile enjoy the Christmas festivities and yourself however you are! 💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorna. It's amazing how much lazier I seem to get, and I wasn't exactly a go-getter to begin. :) (Will get back to you on the other thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorna, you are perfect just as you are.
    xoxo Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to be motivated when the environment seems to be pushing us indoors.

    Merry Christmas, Lorna & Dave & family

    ReplyDelete