Tuesday 30 October 2018

Scaaaaaaaary!!!

Well, we're coming up on Hallowe'en and if you want something scary, go looking to buy yourself a pair of jeans.  I did that yesterday.

When I was younger, buying jeans was something I did to enhance my wardrobe and flatter my figure....I bought flared, straight or skinny jeans that worked with my height and the fashion of the day.  There is nothing out there now that meets any one of those for me, so I bought some blah jeans that weren't too tight, too long or too sleazy, but it was tough to find them.

The ones I ended up with had a huge floppy cardboard letting the world know the size I would be  wearing, and that they were size X, Short and washed to look like I'd had a run in with a bleach-carrier.  There are other jeans out there, with sizes that allow you to match the length of your legs and the width of your waist and they're soft, with thread the same colour as the pants, but damn, they're expensive.  And by the way, "distressed", although it describes me, is also a key to the higher price.

Actually, I had forgotten that I have one really great pair of jeans. They actually fit me and are comfortable, but they got paint on them so I bought a rhinestone star patch for them and for some reason I've put them away for the season, and now I'm ashamed I've been so grumpy.




3 comments:

  1. I resort to buying the ones that you wear at the hips because of, you know, the stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need new jeans too. I'm too tired and too sore to shop in malls much anymore, so I mostly buy online. I buy short or extra short - wish I could find the length that sits just above my ankle boots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeans that fit and look decent aren't easy to find. I got two pairs four years ago at a Gap store in Kelowna and made them last till now by always washing in cold water and hanging to dry. They were starting to wear (and had been dyed at least once because I don't like them faded) this June when I went back to Kelowna, hoping against hope that the same style would still be made. It wasn't, the sunzabitzes! But there was something similar so I bought two pairs. Just in time too, as a few weeks ago the seam in one of the old pair wore through to a hole. I'm good for another four years! I only wish the high-waisted "mom" jeans would come back in style so you could find them on the shelves again and I wouldn't have to wear a belt to keep my damn pants up. -Kate

    ReplyDelete