Friday 8 June 2018

The first ten minutes after I got up this morning

I wonder how long it has been since I posted a story about something really clumsy that I had managed?

Today, I was following my routine for early morning: made my coffee and toast, and while they were in the process of getting hot, I zipped back to make up the bed and choose my clothes.  Came back to my raisin toast and coffee, remembered how yesterday I'd gone to my book club and only had one glass of wine, and told myself:  "High five, Lorna!"

Coming down from my half a high five, I smashed into my cup of newly-brewed coffee, and in my state of not wanting to ruin my toast, pulled the toast plate towards me, shoving the teetering coffee cup over the side of the counter.  It looked like a smallish coffee cup, yet there was coffee all over the counter, down the front of my housecoat, all over my newly-painted kitchen stool and, of course, on my bare feet and much of the floor on which I was standing.  Standing in disbelief.

1 comment: