Friday 7 October 2016

A test of fortitude and friends

Two days ago I decided that 15 glasses of wine in a week was shocking, and possibly harmful.  I had just bought my usual box, that does indeed last me the 6 weeks it claims to hold its wineliness.  I put it near the door, with the receipt still stuffed into the top, and for 3 days it's been sitting there, waiting to be taken back.

Dave thought I was acting precipitously, and that given I enjoyed wine, having a glass a day couldn't hurt.  Strangely, I found myself drawn to his suggestion.


Wayne Gretzky makes unoaked wine.  Bless him
It took me a day to launch into the new regime.  While I still have the white, I have bought a bottle of non-oaked red, and intend to stick to the single glass per day.  When you read about how a glass of wine per day can be good for you, they're talking red, and I'm hoping the redness of it all will keep me on the plan.  

Leaving the white boxed wine in the hallway is genius.  You can't drink white wine at room temperature, so I'm not even tempted, although I have just written 200 words or so about it.  And soon, one of us will take it back.

One of my friends told me not to be ridiculous---I'm retired and stay around the house a lot, so who's going to know how much I drink and why it should matter.  Emily says that person doesn't care about me at all.

4 comments:

  1. Whine away. Ale cover for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, luv, and trying to stick to one glass a day, at most. I always WANT that second glass, but if I delay pouring it, soon it's not missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you have the strength to follow through on whatever you decide is healthy and smart for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. doing OK so far, but the white wine has been returned to the fridge because I can't find the receipt. It probably has been coloured on the other side and slapped on the fridge or the hall mirror.

      Delete