Thursday 2 June 2016

How unlike me...

Little did I think that I would write so often about my fight with the god of sleep whose name I can't even get close to right now.



Monday, I was supposed to go out with a friend for coffee at 10:30.  I slept until 11, even though I'd reminded myself before going to sleep that I had to be up by 9 at the latest.  Then I fell asleep again at 2:00, and stayed up late, reminding myself that my coffee date had been changed to Tuesday at 10:30.  I slept in until 9:30, got up mad because Dave had let me sleep and made it out the door at 10:15 (because Joanne is always early).

I went to bed early, woke up early, had breakfast and fell asleep again even though I had plans to go out later in the day.

Went out, stood in the sun at Parliament Hill for 2 hours so I could see the Pride flag raised by the Prime Minister, walked home and went to bed early.

THEN I WOKE UP AT 10:30 THINKING I'D SLEPT ALL NIGHT AND HERE I AM WIDE-EYED AND BUSHY-HAIRED.

2 comments: