Monday 30 May 2016

My choices for self-betterment

My "study" snugs up closely with the living room, where we have TV.  Right now, the Penguins vs the Sharks is the show Dave is watching about 6 ft away from me, and as you may know, hockey is loud.  I tried listening to music with my earbuds, but that just resulted in a big fight between some wonderful singers and some terribly excited hockey fans.

I think this means I'm going to go in another room and watch Malcolm in the Middle till I fall asleep.  My other option is to read in the bedroom, but the book I'm reading at the urging of the people in Coles Book Store has really small print, and I've had to put it down....hard as that was.  One of the workers was so excited about this book, "The Name of the Wind" that I bought it without opening it.  Their favourite buyer.

Stanley Cup Final is definitely winning.




3 comments:

  1. Hockey: the bane of Canadian women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you'll be ready, next game is Wednesday at 8pm. I'll be watching in the bedroom. The door will be closed. If it is still too loud you can buy me a set of wireless TV headphones for my birthday, or my birthday and Father's Day combined since the cost might exceed our family birthday compact. I know this is sounding sarcastic, but I'm not going back to change it. Not meant to be sarcastic. Meant to be my turn to watch TV in the bedroom anytime you prefer to do something in the living room/study/kitchen which prefers the quiet of no living room TV. I'll still call you for the exciting final minutes of the game and you can join me because you are excited by the game, or by us doing something together, or not join me if you can do that without feeling guilty. Love you much. Love you much more than hockey. Even love you much more than all TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Sorry to have been absent from your blog for so long. Hope it's been peaceful without me.

    ReplyDelete