Sunday 17 January 2016

The marriage of the tortoise and the hare

Do you remember the comic who used to make really nasty but hilariously amusing jokes about her husband?  Google reminds me that it was Phyllis Diller.  I remember I did laugh, and sometimes I saw myself in her stories but I always felt it was kind of cheap humour.

Having said that, I have to tell you all the things I did today while Dave was having a shower:
  • ran water, got into my bath, used soap, shampoo and conditioner, read a chapter of my book, resigned myself to the fact that Dave was never going to bring me a glass of wine before I got out, used a scrubby thing on my feet
  • cleaned the tub, applied deodorant and moisturizer, twisted myself into my housecoat (the sleeves were inside out)
  • put a load of clothes and towels into the washer (but none from the room where the shower is)
  • dried, styled (hah!)and applied shine to my hair
  • got dressed
  • moved two rugs from our bedroom to the front hall
  • decided I looked frumpy and got dressed again
  • made coffee for one
  • checked my inbox
  • made the bed
  • got yoghurt and jam mixed up in a bowl, ate it and put the dish on the table because I hadn't emptied the dishwasher
  • emptied the dishwasher
  • sat down at my desk and tried to look like someone who didn't notice what time it was
I must remind you, as I do from time to time, that Dave is wonderful, that he and I are an amazing team, and that he treats me like a beloved equal.  I'm just faster, and that doesn't count for much.

4 comments:

  1. What a shower! Did you think to check for a pulse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ALL about me....stop focusing on the completely normal preparation use and cleanup of the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ALL about me....stop focusing on the completely normal preparation use and cleanup of the shower!

    ReplyDelete