Wednesday 27 January 2016

Philosophically, I'm OK with it

Dave has gone back to work after a stretch of retirement, and I had worried that it would be hard on him to work 5 days a week, even if it's only until May.  I shouldn't have forgotten his skill at taking naps when they're needed

The real worry has become the effect his being at work has had on me---we've never been joined at the hip, seldom watch the same TV, don't relax or gear up the same way, but I find the days without him very long.

I shouldn't complain; I can read anytime (but that was always the case), eat when I feel like it, although I do try to be the dinner-maker, walk where and when I feel like an outing, which again is nothing new, so I can't figure out what it is that is making my days seem so long.

I guess I like us doing things differently together.

Here's how we do something together.  We were out for dinner with our dear cousins Sue and Dennis, and except for the fact that I had to lend Dennis my glasses, it turned out just as great as we thought it would.





BTW, before Windows 10, I would have known how to give those photos more light.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to fire up Wonderland! I think about getting back on mine. Maybe after the election- Have to work for Bernie now. If he doesn't win ( please g-d no) you might be seeing a lot of me.

      Delete
    2. Hey!! Wonderland IS fired up!

      Delete
  2. Let there be light.
    But all there was was heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time alone does seem to pass more slowly.

    ReplyDelete