Friday 13 July 2018

OMG, what a day!


Lorna in the midst of self-pedicuting.

This morning I woke early, did all my regular things and found myself incredibly bored at 9:30.  I read for a while, but the autobiography I was reading just made "boring" more and more real in my life, so naturally I was drawn to apply nail polish to my toes.

You'll notice how professionally I got into it.  Some years ago, I bought a set of keep-your-toes-apart things, and at least once a year, not usually on Dave's birthday, (but that's another story) I pull out the Chinese box in which I keep my manicure-pedicure stuff and go for the works.

Today, I grabbed a pinkish colour and got started.  I hated the pink.  I had some turquoise polish I'd bought when turquoise was Robyn's favourite colour, but lo! right beside that was cobalt blue.  Many many things in my house are cobalt blue, so it seemed right to make that choice.

I have arthritic fingers, which is the reason, I'm sure, that I was well into my 3rd application before I got to "OK as long as I can take it off before I go into a real Mani-Pedi place",  something I often do while Dave is away, which he will be starting tomorrow.

Given that I haven't written a blog for a while, it seemed like a 2-step to beating my boredom.

The "another story" I referred to is that although today is Dave's birthday, he preferred not to celebrate it as he has one of those something-zero birthdays next year and he wants us to treat that one with joy, family and friends and good food.  So when we're at dinner at Emily's place later today, we'll have to go quietly about the joy but the good food will be there anyway.  And even though we'll keep it a relatively quiet celebration, I'm still, as always on Dave's birthday, so glad he was born.

2 comments:

  1. "My, what lovely luscious juicy-looking toes you have!" said the Big Bad Wolf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need glasses BBW, but thanks anyway

      Delete