Friday 20 July 2018

How I pushed myself into hell

It's not every day that I wish I could restart from the moment my feet hit the floor.  Today, July 20th 2018, started at midnight by my deciding to watch a movie that I knew was going to end sometime around 3:30 am.  It was The Candidate with Robert Redford.

I didn't know that at 3:00 a.m. my connection to Netflix is cut off for a while so that things Netflix and other services are totally up-to-date by 3:08.  This meant that I missed the end of the movie and had to go to IMDB  to find out if Robert Redford became a senator.  By then I didn't much care but it seemed the appropriate thing to do.

I slept in a bit this morning but that was not a bad thing in itself.  It's just that any longer and the plastic container underneath the kitchen sink would have leaked all over the under-the-sink shelves and all the weird and possibly useless things we keep there.

Why was water leaking?  I fear that it might have been because I had used the sink to clean earth off the succulent plants that I intended to make more attractive by moving to a big beautiful copper bowl I'd half-filled with new stones I'd bought (I know, I should have searched for them near the house).

No matter what caused it, water makings its way to the shelves under the sink is not a good thing.
I wonder what I'm going to be able to eat for lunch....I've blocked off my cupboards but luckily I seem to have lost my appetite.

And this is what the copper bowl looks like now.

2 comments:

  1. grrr, sink woes. been there!
    succulents look good.
    -kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were having a bbq with the fam earlier this week, but the weather chose that time to make a thunderstorm. When I went back out, the bbq was off. I won't tell you what I said when I returned to the house.

    ReplyDelete