It's been a while since our last post, but we've been busy playing tourist. And trying to solve technical glitches to make it quick and easy to do these posts was, we trust you'll understand, lower on a TO DO list which we vowed not even to bring on such a trip. On the technical side, we've decided to post the pictures in the "large" format this blog allows, so you can see the whole picture at once if you are viewing on a smaller screen laptop, but if you have access to a larger screen, and if as a viewer on this "Blogger" site you can left click on the photo and change it to "X-large" format we encourage you to do so. So here we go - Lorna and Dave Europe 2017 - Part 5:
First, a little Lorna-and-Dave-do-Europe tradition, if you can call two trips in eight years a tradition:
1. Every trip to France must include a favourite Citroen “Deux Chevaux” pic. So far this is it. If we capture one we like better, we’ll let you know. Now on to the other 3 stars:
2. Just below the beautiful hilltop town of Gordes, a 3-star hotel and restaurant beckons,
And these, as you walked out for your morning croissant and espresso:
But we're in tourist mode, so let's leave the political commentary aside for now, and move on to our 2nd star, Rustrel, and delights of a different nature:
18. A shocking burst of colour, and I promise, no filters on the camera. That’s what you’ll see when you come here.
20. promoted and marketed in Rustrel and Roussillon, both as tourist attraction, and as a pigment for industrial and artistic uses.
23. Or practicing for a Superman gig? Or just championing the cause of free-thinking artistic expression? We’ll buy that. You?
24. And while we're free-thinking, you can’t pass up a dramatic penis shot when it’s standing right there in front of you.
And with that, let’s move on to
Let’s let the pictures do the talking for this one: