Thursday 9 February 2017

A New Juncture

Dave is following a very strict diet to prepare him for an operation in March---not a worrisome one .  The diet is strong on protein and healthy fats and veggies.  I have been doing my best to support him but while I can eat the approved stuff I can't not eat bread and chocolate and fruit.  As a result, the cupboards are relatively bare.

Dave is working late which lets me have dinner, so I am beating the bareness with a glass of sparkly white wine left over from a birthday party and 7 pepperoni pizza bites from a hidden corner of the freezer.

Karma:  Dave has lost 10 lbs over the last few weeks, and I've gained 3.

3 comments:

  1. I hope Dave is okay. He is such a disciplined guy. These were two unrelated thoughts/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you only knew. Don't think it's discipline as much as a good motivation - to be in the best condition possible so the operation - a minor hernia - is easier for me and the surgeon, and this after numerous unsuccessful attempts to lose the extra 20 pounds or so I've been carrying for decades. If discipline is involved it is that I seem to be able to keep coming back and trying again, but depending on the case, that too can be folly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you've only been making sacrifices for your own dear Dave to make sure temptation is cleared from your home.

    ReplyDelete