Thursday 10 November 2016

When will I learn?

I remember writing a post a few years ago about my dilemma.  If you wake up at 3 o'clock, do you have a cup of coffee to start your day or a glass of wine to finish it off?

At that time, I almost always chose, in vain, to have a glass of wine, and maybe a Pirouline biscuit.  Then I would read for a couple of hours and go back to bed around 6.  This of course, only added to my time-management problem because I'd wake up around 9, starving, but unwilling to consider breakfast as an option.  
I'd do all the houseworky things I needed to do until I felt I'd punished myself enough to have coffee, which I would have loved to have had in bed had I not just arranged all 5 of the sparkly cushions in that very place.

Looking back it seems nothing like a dilemma and everything like a privileged yet guilt-ridden life.

I'm at it again.

2 comments:

  1. I can tell you that I have been having coffee at some very early times this past week. Today was better though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more punishing yourself, I say!

    ReplyDelete