Monday 30 September 2019

In which I take a good step

Yesterday I stopped reading a book I'd already put 3 or 4 days into.

I stopped reading this highly-reviewed book because I couldn't stand it.

I am pleased with myself at the same time that I worry that I've made a mistake.  Of course, even though I passed the book on to someone else, I feel like I'm letting down book-reading.

I've done this a few times but not with a book that everyone else was reading with great satisfaction. Every time over the last few weeks, when I get on the O-train, I've seen at least one person entirely taken up in it, and once I even caught an oral review. 
Don't tell me I can't make decisions


2 comments:

  1. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Join the club! LOL -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been reading lately. Although I have listened to some of Louise Penny's latest, I am somewhat disappointed so far.

    ReplyDelete