Wednesday 26 June 2019

Some things I wish I hadn't done today


In no particular order:

  • got up at 4 a.m. and decided the day was beginning
  • therefore ate my breakfast at 4:10 a.m.
  • managed with a great deal of pain to take off the rings I should have taken off last night, then washed, brushed my teeth and put the rings back on
  • promised myself to deal with all the books that weren't in a more-or-less alphabetical space on the bookshelves
  • spent time trying to find why in hell I had a book called "The Friday Night Knitting Club, a novel"
  • decided that even though the forecast said we'd reach 30 degrees Celsius by noon, I was wearing black clothes to the Market
  • tried on about 40 hats and bought none
  • got a sunburn on that 4 inches of skin between my neck and my shirt, which would have been covered had I bought a hat with a brim
  • fell asleep in the afternoon, which only happens about 5 times a year, two of which were this week
  • later, forgot I'd put on my pyjamas and went out on the patio to talk to Dave, an act which took place just as all our neighbours were coming home from work
  • read an article outlining why it's OK not to wear a bra, then found it was aimed at people who didn't need them in the first place
There's only a few hours left until bedtime, so I'm feeling like things might just be OK and Dave and I can watch season 2 of the Emmy-awarded series we were watching last night.  Another thing I wish I hadn't done today is forgetting the name of that wonderful entertainment. Damn!

2 comments:

  1. I often wish I hadn’t got up as early as I did, but I have seldom gotten up that early. An afternoon nap occurs fairly regularly for me now, bit it’s quite short. I kind of wish that it wasn’t, or that I could get a little longer sleep at night like most folk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you did bullets 1 and 2; not doing them could have dire consequences;doing them later, maybe 8 or 9am, would have been a bit more fun. The alternative to bullet 10 would have been to come out on the patio without your pyjamas - that would have been way more entertaining for the neighbours coming home from work. Re bullet 11, everyone has the right not to wear a bra; you, and those around you, just have to accept the pros and cons. Glad you're back to blogging. We missed you.

    ReplyDelete