Saturday 11 March 2017

Life is Weird

And yes, crocheted one of these
 and wore it once
When I was in my early 60's, I started to notice that my fingers were sort of bumpy and slightly less dexterous.  That corresponded with my inability to crochet a straight line, and to apply mascara only to my lashes.  I took it well, I thought.  After all, I was getting older, and it was only to be expected that I would be affected by arthritis.  I say "affected" because I certainly didn't suffer.

A few years later, my wrists became very boney and developed a little mound---OK, helped to keep my bracelets in place.

Thursday, I woke up with a strange sharp pain in my right ear, and Yikes, it really hurt, so I called my doctor expecting to get antibiotics for an infection.  He asked me to "open wide" and we could both hear a click.  So now, I have arthritis in my jaw and the recommendation is to get used to it.

I have never, ever, heard a complaint from anyone about an arthritic jaw.  I'm not sure I've ever heard those words in the same sentence. I am not expecting this to be a hardship, and I know how lucky I have been in terms of my health, but sometimes Life is weird.

4 comments:

  1. I am looking up essential oils for treating/relieving symptoms of arthritis ... .
    -Kate
    http://www.newhealthadvisor.com/Essential-Oils-for-Arthritis.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. stubblejumpers cafe11 March 2017 at 13:01

    And I like that crocheted "scarf" and will send your photo to a friend who is always looking for ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had some clicks, and I know that at the dentist, opening my mouth very wide distresses me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, there's always something new to worry about, isn't there? You seem to take it in stride, but arthritis really can be very painful, and I'm sorry to see yours adding up.

    ReplyDelete