Monday 20 April 2020

Looking backward isn't too bad

I ran into something I had written for my first Blog, and it made me laugh to see the person I was back then in 2004. It was a format that showed others what you want them to know:  Anybody want to try it?


I'm a storyteller. I'm a dancer. I'm a necromancer. Not really, but I like the rhythm of those words. Actually, I'm a retired person, still deeply in love, married with three grown children and five amazingly clever grandchildren. I'm not a believer in astrological signs, yet I love my sign: Gemini---it has such a duplicitous base. I was born in the Year of the Horse, yet have no affinity to any animal larger than a cat (or smaller than a cat) I support (with vigour) PFLAG CANADA
Intereststhe arts, books, grandchildren, aging gracefully, shoes, glitter, the Orient, little elegant hikes, anti-homophobic and anti-discriminatory acts
Favorite MoviesVolver, Serenity, Zoolander, Now Voyager, Pan's Labyrinth, Eve's Bayou, Magnolia, Batman Begins, Gone Baby Gone, The Hours, Pirates of the Caribbean, Chocolat, Run Fatboy Run, shutter Island, Inception
Favorite MusicEvanescence, Aimee Mann, Danny Schmidt, Shanna and the Hawk, Ron Sexsmith, White Stripes, cello music, baroque trumpet, Meatloaf, Massive Attack, Bright Eyes, Amy Millan, Neko Case, Rufus Wainwright, kd lang, Ryan Adams, Tori Amos, Jann Arden, Ben Lee, Cry Cry Cry, Martha Wainwright
Favorite BooksThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime, A Spot of Bother, Lives of the Monster Dogs, Wicked, Deafening, The Hours, His Dark Materials, Across the Nightingale Floor, The Various Haunts of Men, Marie Antoinette, Divining Women, The Book of Bunny Suicides, Peony in Love, The Harsh Cry of the Heron, Away, The Underpainter, Wings of Fire, Remembering the Bones, The Children's Book, The Gods of Gotham, Neverwhere
What was the stage name of your favorite actress before she was born?
Undine Undead

2 comments:

  1. It can be a pleasant ride to reread old posts. I can't remember when I last did it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS interesting to look back; I do it every once in a while using the list in my Archives widget -- what was happening on this date 10 years ago? Five years ago? One year ago? Kind of eye-opening too. A year ago can seem like only three months. But I get surprised by how much I've forgotten already. -Kate

    ReplyDelete